Sheffield Unionof Golf Clubs
Full handicap allowance
1. The Union will hold a competition to decide the Under 14 Matchplay Champion.
2. The competition shall be open to Junior members of clubs within the Sheffield Union who are under the age of 14 years on 1st January and whose handicap shall be a minimum of 6 and not exceeding 24 at the time of closing date for entries.
3. The competition will be limited to 32 entries. In the event of any entry in excess of 32 a ballot will be held to decide which of the higher handicap entries will be accepted.
4. The competition will be played over 18 holes off full handicap allowance. In the event of a tie after 18 holes competitors will play hole by hole until a winner is declared.
5. START TIME (semi-final and final) - It is the player's responsibility to start at the time established by the Committee. Regulation 14 (SUGC Regulations for all competitions) applies.
6. The first name on the draw sheet will have home advantage and will be responsible for arranging the day and the time for the match to be played. Contact to arrange the match must be made immediately on receipt of draw sheet. Any dispute should be referred to the SUGC Secretary whose decision shall be final. Courtesy should be given by the host club to the visiting player.
7. The result of the match shall be notified to the SUGC Secretary by telephone immediately after conclusion of the match.
8. All matches must be completed by the specified final date for that round at which stage the draw for the next round will be completed. Any matches not played by the due date will lead to both players being scratched from the competition.
9. Prizes will be awarded to the two finalists and semi-finalists.
10. Caddies will be allowed but must be juniors and not related in any way to the player they are caddying for. A caddy must be under the age of 18 years on 1st January during the year in which the Competition takes place.