Sheffield Unionof Golf Clubs
Stroke Play from Scratch
1. The Union will hold a competition to decide the Amateur Stroke Play Champion. This competition shall be open to members of clubs in the Union with handicaps not exceeding 5 and will be decided by 18 holes stroke play.
2. Entries shall be made either on-line via the S.U.G.C. website or on the official entry form (downloadable from the website or from the office). Entry must be accompanied by the entry fee. The Competition will be limited to 60 entries. In the event of any entry in excess of 60, a ballot will be held to decide which of the higher handicap entries can be accepted.
3. START TIME - It is the player's responsibility to start at the time established by the Committee. Regulation 14 (SUGC Regulations for all competitions) applies.
4. The player returning the lowest gross score over 18 holes will be the 'Stroke Play Champion' and will receive the 'Jack Hulley Trophy' and a memento.
5. In the event of a tie for the Championship after 18 holes those competitors involved will play-off hole by hole until a winner is declared. All other places in the play-off shall be declared joint runners-up.
6. All other ties shall be decided as per Rule 10 in SUGC Regulations for all Competitions.
7. Appropriate prizes will be decided by the Executive Committee.
8. The leading 16 competitors will qualify to compete in the Sheffield Amateur Championship. In the event of any of the above being unavailable a list of reserves, in order of accending gross scores, will be drawn up.