Sheffield Unionof Golf Clubs
Stroke Play from Scratch
1. The Union will hold a competition over 18 holes Stroke Play to decide the Seniors' Champion.
2. The competition shall be open to members of clubs in the Union who have reached the age of 55 on the day of the competition, with a playing handicap of 24 or less, and shall be limited to 60 entries. In the event of an entry in excess of 60, a ballot will be held to decide which of the higher handicap entries in each age category can be accepted.
3. The player with the lowest gross will be the Seniors Champion and will receive the Jack Robinson Trophy and a memento. The player aged 65 or over with the lowest gross score will be the Veterans Champion and will receive the Veterans Trophy and a memento.
4. Running concurrently with the Championship there will be a Stroke Play competition from Scratch and a Net Stroke Play competition for 4 age groups:
55-59 (Cat A), 60-64 (Cat B), 65-69 (Cat C) and 70 & over (Cat D).
5. Ties shall be decided as per Rule 10 in Regulations for Competitions.
6. Entries shall be made either on-line via the S.U.G.C. website or on the official entry form (downloadable from the website or from the office). The entry must be accompanied by the entry fee.
7. START TIME - It is the players' responsibility to start at the time established by the Committee. Regulation 14 (Regulations for all competitions) applies.
8. The best gross score regardless of age will be the Seniors' Champion; should that be a player aged 65 or over he will also be the Veterans' Champion. The same applies to the runners up in these Championships.