Sheffield Unionof Golf Clubs
6 - 18 HANDICAP LEAGUE (2015)
1. Clubs are allocated to a zone (region) of the Sheffield Union to cut down on travelling time and costs.
2. Club players must have a handicap between 6 and 18 inclusive, AND two of the team players must have a handicap over 12 (13-18) to allow golfers with
such handicaps an opportunity to participate in this SUGC league competition.
3. Club teams consist of 8 players who play as 4 pairs in a match play foursome format.
4. Matches, home and away, are arranged by and between all the clubs in the same zones on days of their own choice.
5. Matches must be played between 1 May and 31 August: matches not played by the end date will be halved.
6. For Matches postponed for weather or the state of the course owing to bad weather the home club to offer 3 dates, one of which must be accepted by the opponents.
7. The result of every match shall be communicated to the SUGC Hon. Secretary, following its conclusion, on the basis of 2 points for a win, 1 for a half and 0 for a loss per foursome pair in the match.
8. After all matches have been played (by 31 August), a final will take place involving the winning club teams of all the zones. The format of the Final will be
Pairs, Betterball, Stableford with all scores to count for the team score. NB. Buggies will be allowed but players must get prior SUGC approval, as in all
other SUGC competition.