Sheffield Unionof Golf Clubs
SUMA No. 1
SUMA No. 2
SUMA No. 3
SUMA No. 4
SUMA No. 5
SUMA No. 6
SUMA No. 7
** NEW SUMA ENTRY OPTIONS
To improve the entry & payment procedure for SUMA competitions you will now be able (once the comp is open for entry) to enter and pay on-line using the SUGC website. www.sugc.co.uk .
Entry for the competition will be by team (pair) and you will need a CDH number for both you and your playing partner.
(This can be obtained from your club or competitions secretary).
Payment will be taken on-line by card at the same time.
For those without internet access you can enter as follows: -
a) On the day of the preceding competition at the registration desk. Note: payment will only be allowed by CARD or CHEQUE.
* No CASH will be taken as payment.
b) By completing an entry form and submitting it to the SUGC office along with your cheque.
If you withdraw from the competition (up to 72 hours before) or if you are unsuccessful in being selected for a competition due to it being oversubscribed then your entry fee will either be credited back to your original card or your cheque destroyed.
Note: The allocation of members to compete in each meeting will be decided by the SUMA Committee. No member can be guaranteed a maximum of six meetings.
Rules and Regulations
1. Any male playing member of a club affiliated to the Union may become a Life Member of the Association by completing the appropriate application form and on the payment of £15 (if 50 years of age or over at the time of application), or £20 (if under 50 years of age at the time of application). Application forms are obtainable through the delegates appointed by the clubs, from the SUGC website or the Secretary. Country Members and Juniors (until they reach the age of 18 years) are not eligible to join.
2. A Membership Card will be issued to all members annually.
3. Six meetings per year will be arranged on dates and courses decided by the Executive Committee and notified on a poster on club notice boards, in which members may compete with the proviso that the allocation of members to compete in each meeting will be decided by the SUMA Committee. No member can be guaranteed a maximum of six meetings.
4. Handicap limit for all meetings shall be 20. Any members whose handicap is above the limit may compete but shall play off 20.
5. Members whose names appear in the draw but who cancel within 72 hours of a meeting or fail to report on the day shall forfeit their entry fee.
6. Ties in meetings shall be decided on the last 9, 6, 3 and 1 holes. The Union will award prizes to the winners and any other prizes as may be decided by the Executive Committee.
7. Members shall be entitled to receive a membership card containing rules and fixtures and may also purchase and wear the Association tie.
8. Club officials and players are reminded that they are at all times expected to conform to the dress regulations and etiquette of the host club.
9. Players should walk at all times unless permission to use a buggy has been given by the Sheffield Union of Golf Clubs. Permission will only be given in exceptional circumstances; application to use a ride on buggy must be made, no later than 14 days prior to the competition to The Secretary of the Union, who alone may authorise its use.
An application must be made by the player's club and supported by a medical certificate signed by a medical practitioner certifying that the player has a disability or has an entitlement within the meaning of the Disability Disabled Act 1995, and by reason thereof the player is unable to play golf without the use of a buggy.
The application to use a ride on buggy must also be accompanied by an appropriate insurance certificate covering the player and appropriate third party liability.
An application to use a ride on buggy will also be subject to the host golf clubs rules for ride on buggies. Furthermore the Sheffield Union Competition Committee of the day will still retain the right to prohibit the use of buggies on the day if in their opinion course conditions make the use of buggies unsafe and a danger with regards to Health and Safety.
Only the player authorised to use a buggy may do so. Any other player using a buggy, for any reason, will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
10. Mobile phones or similar electronic devices are not to be used in any SUGC Competition.