Sheffield Unionof Golf Clubs
Stroke Play from Scratch
1. The Union will hold a competition to decide the Sheffield Open Amateur Champion. This competition shall be open to members of clubs affiliated to a National Golf Union with handicaps not exceeding FIVE and will be decided by 36 holes of Stroke Play.
2. Entries shall be made either on-line via the S.U.G.C. website or on the official entry form (downloadable from the website or from the office). The entry must be accompanied by the entry fee.
3. The competition will be limited to 60 entries. In the event of any entry in excess of 60, a ballot will be held to decide which of the higher handicap entries can be accepted.
4. START TIME - It is the player's responsibility to start at the time established by the Committee. Regulation 14 (SUGC Regulations for all competitions) applies.
5. (a) The player returning the lowest gross score over 36 holes will be the 'Sheffield Open Amateur Champion' and will receive the 'Sheffield Plate' and a memento.
(b) The best 18 hole gross score receives the 'Bolton Salver'.
6. In the event of a tie for the Championship after 36 holes those competitors involved will play off hole by hole until a winner is declared. All other places in the play off shall be declared joint runners up.
7. All other ties shall be decided as per Rule 10 in SUGC Regulations for all Competitions.
8. Prizes will be decided by the Executive Committee.